- Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
- 2 months prior to departure
More than 500 million people worldwide speak Spanish. Creating Ties offers Spanish language immersion programs through accredited language institutions. Our programs are designed to immerse the students in Peruvian culture while learning the language. Students also have the opportunity to participate in community service projects to practice their developing language skills.
Creating Ties is offering graduate and undergraduate students the opportunity to student teach in Lima, Peru at the elementary, middle and high school levels in accredited schools. The openings for student teachers are in the areas of Art, Educational Technology, English as a Second Language, English Literature and Writing, Language Arts, Reading, Science, and Social Studies. The student teaching is done in English in bilingual private schools.
- -A graduate or undergraduate student in the field of Art, Educational Technology, English as a Second Language, English Literature and Writing, Language Arts, Reading, Science, and Social Studies. Student can also be a Spanish major with a minor in any of the fields mentioned above.
- -At least 19 years old.
- -Have a Cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a minimum of 2.75 in their major.
- -Some knowledge of the Spanish language.
- -Must show maturity and flexibility to adapt to other cultures and work well with children.
- -Be creative and enthusiastic.
Sessions Available for Student Teaching:
1. Spring Term: March 1 to May 30 with the option to extend it until July or December
2. Summer Term: May 24th for 4 to 8 weeks
3. Fall Term: August 15 to December 15
4. Yearly assignments are also accepted.
$2650 and $4000 for a year (Subject to change)